12 May 2012

Eurovision 2012 Favourites & General Fangirling

Hello! ^^
May is my favourite time of year for mainly three reasons: my birthday is May 17th, it's the last month of school before holidays and....... THE EUROVISION IS ALWAYS IN MAY!
Honestly though, sometimes I think I get more excited for the Eurovision than my birthday wtf.
Anyhow, the winning song from the year I was born was actually from Ireland. It was our third year in a row winning. AW YEAH~ it's such a pretty song though, probably one of my favourites.<3


It was also the first year people could actually see the jury spokesperson from each country and we also had a super awesome Riverdance performance during the interval:

/end of random Eurovision history lecture. o_O

Now, I shall share my favourite/least favourite entries for this year! Mainly because the world needs to know  of my awesome taste in music. Listing them in no particular order since I don't really have a favourite as such yet...

Serbia


Love love loveeee this song. 'Tis so pretty. Random fact but Serbia's song from 2007, Molitva (Prayer), is one of my all time Eurovision favourites. :3

Iceland

This song is so epic orz. For some reason it sounds slightly Irish-esque at parts but I bet everyone else will be like "wtf no it doesn't???" so I'll just be quiet nao. :3 It also sounds pretty Eurovision-esque compared to a lot of the entries this year which is another reason why I like it so much.

Turkey 

I have a feeling a lot of people will dislike this song but I THINK IT IS AWESOME OKIE. It's just really fun and super catchy and I like how they used some traditional instruments too. Also I think the guy is quite good looking and that's always a plus you know you know~ tbh I think I should be in the music video, I'd fit in amazingly well with all the awkward dancing going on. ^O^

England

I had to do a double take when I first read Engelbert Humperdinck was representing England, idk it just seemed so random. o.o Anyhow, this song is beautiful and if you don't like it you suck. x

Ireland

*is biased* there's something about Jedward that makes it difficult for me to hate them, that being said they still irk me a lot. I loved Lipstick last year, I still can't decide which song I prefer though. But srsly though, I hope we do well this year again. I was so happy that we actually made it into the top 10 haha. SO PLEASE, VOTE FOR IRELAND THIS YEAR AND I WILL GIVE U A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF POTATOES <3 bribery ftw.

Croatia

I usually don't really like the really dancey(rly technical term tbh) songs but there's something about this one that I love. Also it sounds pretty Eurovision-esque too compared to other entries IMO!

Okie so they are my favourites for this years Eurovision. If your country made the cut then you should feel extremely honoured and stuff. But I'm also really liking Estonia, Demark, The Netherlands and France's entries. :3

And nao, here are the two most WTF entries of this year (IMO ><)

San Marino

I think this song was inspired by Friday - Rebecca Black wtf...

Russia

PARTY FOR EVERYBODY!!!! My favourite is the smallest granny, she's so cute. >O< But seriously, this is so bizarre hahaha.

Austria's entry this year is pretty weird too...which reminds me of how there was a discussion of how Austrian people were odd in my German class one day. My German teacher was actually the one who started it lol.

*is now super excited for Eurovision* too bad it happens right in the middle of my summer exams. D: I'm still watching it though!!!!! Just hoping I won't have more than one exam the next day though. u_u
Before I go I shall say this again: VOTE FOR IRELAND OKIE. We need to win cause I wanna attend the Eurovision next year! That is a good enough reason to vote for us~
"A vote for Ireland, is a vote for Shauna's happiness."
O_________o uhm yes ok goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis