13 August 2012

London Part 1!

I got back from London at around 3am yesterday [edit: as you can see I've procrastinated a lot doing this] after traveling for about 17 hours if I counted correctly wtf (that's including breaks, though.) It was a brilliant trip, and I definitely wanna go back again someday! Especially since I didn't get to see everything, mainly because central central London would've been extremely busy, more than usual, due to the Olympics. Now I shall tell you everything from the very beginning. How exciting omg!

Starbucks I got at the airport. *_* This is now my phone wallpaper wtf. 
It was my first time flying from Belfast Intl. since Dublin airport is closer for us. I think tickets here worked out cheaper, even though Dublin is closer? *confused*

Waiting for take-off! I get super nervous around take-off, it's mainly just that part when the plane starts building up speed before going off the ground. I HATE IT SO MUCH. O-O After that I'm fine, unless there's turbulence or something, but I've never experienced proper turbulence on a plane before *TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD*

My last glimpse of le emerald isle for a few days!

So the wing of the plane sort of ruins all my pictures wtf. Just try to imagine it's not there ok. *twitches*

*still pretending wing isn't ruining pictures*

Sea of clouds. ^_^ The sky looked so pretty since we were flying during sunset.

Flying over London! My camera sucks at taking decent nighttime pictures, and the fact that I was taking these through a window made them even worse. BUT SERIOUSLY, in real life this looked absolutely stunning. I don't even know how to describe it, but it just looked so pretty, like something you'd see on a postcard or tumblr or somewhere like that.


Day 1
I went to Camden with Siobhan, Niamh (my cousins who live in London), my other cousin Darragh and Siobhan's bf Lee! I didn't take a lot of pictures there though, since most stores/stalls had signs saying not to take pictures. BOOOOO!
Random alley at the market. I think the coolest part of the market is where they did up these stables, and there are now shops where all the stalls used to be! I wish we had something like this back home, since there is pretty much something for everyone here.

Another random area at the markets! I'd definitely come back to Camden when I go to London again, the atmosphere is pretty cool around here.

Later on I went to bingo w/ Siobhan, Niamh & their friend Emma (cause it's free on Thursdays LOL) but we didn't win anything. Although Niamh was one away from winning £1000 twice! O___O Then afterwards to their local pub where we basically took hostage of their jukebox cause it was free to select songs lolol.

Day 2
I went to Thorpe Park with Siobhan, Niamh, Jade (Niamh's friend), Darragh, and Niamh's bfs little bro whose name I forget lolol. I was actually really nervous about coming here cause....I have a slight fear of rollercoasters & amusement rides. :3 

This was the first proper rollercoaster I ever went on and I have to say it was actually quite fun! But also slightly terrifying at the same time wtf. I forgot to take pictures of the actual ride itself. *facepalm*

The water rides were definitely my favourite, this one is really nice, not scary at all. Each 'log' sits 5 people, so I went on it with Siobhan and Darragh and we were stuck with this really lovey-dovey couple which made it slightly awkward for us. So we decided when it came to the part where they take a picture we would all derp to sort of photobomb the couple lolol. But then when we went to check the photos afterwards Siobhan's hair was covering my face, and I was covering Darragh so basically it was just lovey-dovey couple + Siobhan derping in the background hahahaha. I wish I bought it now tbh.

A montage of pictures from another water ride where I attempted to get a picture of everyone together but failed miserably. >_<' I even risked my cameras life cause it could've easily fallen into the water at any stage. The funniest part about this is that the photo the ride took of us was of me trying to take a photo of all of us. u_u'

Jade, Siobhan & me at some random face-in-hole thing beside the teacup ride which I think we had a little too much fun on wtf. We went on it like three times or something but we sucked at trying to build up speed on it lolol. There was this like 5 y/o kid doing it better than us wtf. Me & Shiv even tried to copy his techniques hahaha

Jade, Siobhan & Niamh on some amusement type ride. I didn't go on this one 'cause I honestly thought I would throw up if I went on it. I think I prefer things like Colossus than these.

Ok so Tidal Wave will forever be my favourite ride here!!!! We went on it twice, and got drenched both times. Everyone else was laughing at our reactions when the water splashed on us. >_<'

Oh, and you see where the people are walking out of in the picture above? Well Siobhan and myself were walking out of there after our 2nd time on the ride, when we realised the ride was almost about to hit the bottom and make the water go everywhere AND OF COURSE, instead of doing the normal thing and run back inside we just froze and screamed and got even more soaked. O_O It was pretty hilarious though. Like one of those movie slo-mo type things where something bad is about to happen, but we just stand there and yell 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!'

View of Thorpe Park on the way out that evening. ^_^

Family photo times! Us Donohoe's completely drenched leaving Thorpe Park lolol. It was a long, tiring but epic day. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis