23 August 2012

London Part 3

This will be the last post about my trip to London. If you haven't already, feel free to read part 1 and part 2 first!


I actually didn't take any pictures on day 4, I had a pretty chill day and just looked around some shops near where my cousins live. In the evening we went bowling which was fun, and I almost won on two occasions but then Shane bet me last minute both times. -_-' Oh, and the people working there spelled my name as 'Shavna' on the scoreboard screen lolol.
The Olympic 200m(I think) sprint took place while we were there too, and I swear EVERYONE in the bowling alley stopped what they were doing to watch it on the big screen and were cheering Usain Bolt on.

Stole this pic from Niamh's facebook. Shane and Darragh playing guitar hero, then in the distance you can see Niamh and myself failing at some dance machine. Everything was fine until we tried one of the more difficult levels. That's when my legs grew a mind of their own and ignored what my brain was telling them to do wtf.

Day 6
In the morning, I went to Brent Cross shopping centre which is where my mam used to always go shopping with her sister when she lived in London. It was sort of weird to think that 20 odd years ago, my mother was walking around here, shopping in the same shops as me. Well I guess a lot of the shops will have changed since then, but you know what I mean.

Quick picture I took of Wembley outside the station, I think an Olympic event was coming to an end soon 'cause there seemed to be a lot of security guards and the likes waiting for something.

Next stop, Oxford Street! *squeals* People told us that Oxford Street was practically dead because most people were keeping away from it (they thought it was closed off/too busy cause of Olympics), but it was very much alive and kicking when we got there pfft.

Oreo cupcake from Selfridges!!!!!!!! omfg. I cannot stress how amazeballs this tasted. If you go to Oxford Street you *HAVE* to go to Selfridges, even though the majority of things you will not be able to afford, it's still really nice to look around. ^_^

I find it so strange that the area is so big, there's maybe 2 or 3 different shops for a certain shop like Topshop or River Island. Here in Cavan we don't even have one! Although, I do think our Forever 21 in Dublin is nicer. But I do like the fact the one on Oxford Street has a larger accessory & shoes section.

We got to HMV right before closing time, and I was so disappointed by the kpop section. There was barely anything left in stock. *sniffs* I was tempted to buy Bubble Pop though, but it was £15 pounds wtf.

Also, if you like Topshop then you need to visit the one near HMV before you die because IT IS FOUR FREAKING FLOORS!!!! It has a cupcake & froyo stand. It is amazing. The bottom floor is full of pretty clothes that are ridiculously expensive and makes me sad. There are so many nice clothes. Pretty handbags. Shoes. Everything. I. Miss. It. We need one here. Please. Plzplzplz. Pl0xpl0xpl0x. Ok I shut up nao.

Some pictures I took shortly before we left:




Boo, you blur.

Day 7
Today was a travel day since it was basically just, well, traveling lol. My auntie & I left at around 11am and arrived 3 hours later in a small town in Manchester (she had some appointment), so I looked around the local shops while she was there. Then we had another couple of hours drive down to Holyhead to get the ferry!

A tunnel through a mountain somewhere in Wales. How cool is that?! There's actually a lot of pretty scenery along the way but it was difficult to take non-blurry photos of because we were driving. There was also a sign saying no horses, or horses & carts were allowed in the tunnel lololol.

Costa coffee to go & my first ever Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I'm so glad these are extremely rare to find in Ireland cause they're super addictive and I'd become as fat as a fool. -_-'

We got a really good spot to sit on the ferry since there weren't many people on it. It was my first time traveling by ferry, and I really enjoyed it. It was actually quite relaxing. I would be saying otherwise if the weather hadn't been so calm, though.

Sailing off into the sunset. So pretty. ^_^

Approaching Dublin! This is the best picture I could get. *sniffs* My digital camera has such a harsh flash and I shall not start on my 3GS camera lolol. You'll just have to hop on a ferry to Dublin to experience it for yourself ok? ok.

I think I will do a ~London haul~ type post sometime soon, maybe in the next few days, so please try to contain your excitement until then!

twitter | youtube | instagram | homepage |





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis